Monday, July 9, 2012

#Lynchpocalypse: Fallen (Under)Wire

On June 29th, 2012, The Derecho of 2012 swept through Indiana, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. If this is the first #lynchpocalypse post that you are reading, stop now and read The Derecho and Bridge Jumping. Those should catch you up with the rest of us.

If you know anything about me, you know that I have a hard time remaining serious for a long period of time. It is just uncomfortable for me. And so, I make jokes. I make light of heavy topics. I offend people, sometimes accidentally and sometimes knowing that I'm being offensive. But, I can be serious. Sometimes.

So, in the wake of the seriousness of El Derecho, I cracked jokes, tweeted jokes, and facebooked jokes. I just needed to.

I'm still convinced that this is funny, so if you do not, I am sorry (kind of). But, I think the momentary wit was entertaining, especially since AEP was too busy to reply/refused to reply.


Where it all began...


Like a mature human, when I didn't get a response, I cracked a joke about (under)wire.




I checked in the next day when their SM person ignored me.


I was getting a little desperate for attention, I guess. No shame.

A thought came to me: be nice to them and they will give me something.... anything...
 
Nope! Still nothing...   -___-

I was feeling defeated with Operation: AEP @Reply.

But, I wanted to try. Maybe if my friends RTed my comment, they would listen. Wrong. Sigh.


My last fruitless effort at (selfishly) getting a tiny bit of attention from the busy AEP workers.

They have not heard the last of me. Project Fallen (Under)wire 2012 lives on.

No comments:

Post a Comment