Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blessing in All Forms

Blessings can come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes, it's a person who says just the right thing at just the right time. It may be finding a few extra dollars when you're short on cash. Maybe it's a friend helping you along the way.

This Lent, I was praying about how I wanted to observe the 40 days before Easter. In the past, I have given up pop, meat, etc. This year, I felt that the Lord was calling me to join a friend of mine and honor a different person every day.

What I thought would happen was that people would smile, and be blessed by it. What I didn't expect was that I would be blessed as well. Remembering how these people touched my life, impacted me and helped shaped who I am today has been incredible... and it's only Day 7!!

Join me by honoring those around you in small (or big) ways. Write them a letter of appreciation. Send them a postcard. Share your favorite memories. Love them.

Follow my posts on YouTube via my channel lindsaymyates.

No comments:

Post a Comment