Monday, October 1, 2012

Rescue

At what point do you step in and help someone?

At what point do you rescue someone from a not-so-good living situation?

At what point do you say, "Enough is enough!" and "You deserve better." ?

At what point is it truly okay to be the hero?
----------------------------------------------

Well, I wish I had an answer for you. But, I don't.

Because I had to ask myself that same question tonight as someone I love shared with me an unpleasant situation they were dealing with at home.

And all I wanted to do was swoop in. And save them.

How easy would that be?

To drive over, pack their bags and get them out of the situation.

And they'd be safe.

And I'd be a hero (even if I didn't want to be).
----------------------------------------------

So I asked God, "What do You want me to do?"

And He told me.

"Let me. Let me rescue them."

"But, You know how easy it would be for me to do it, right?"

"I know. But then, they would miss out on what it means to be rescued by Me."

 "Oh."
----------------------------------------------

And since I very well know what it means to literally be rescued (physically and spiritually) by the Lord, I know exactly what He is talking about.

And because I know the effect it can have on someone's heart after they are rescued by the Lord Almighty, I don't step in. I don't fix it.

I just offer to support them.

I listen.

I tell them that I know God has more for them.

And now, I wait for God to show up.

And I know He will.

1 comment: