Saturday, March 24, 2012

Best. Run. Yet.

2.17 miles.

That is how far I ran today.

Approximately half way through, my legs were burning. My breathing was all over the place. I was sweating. I would have rather been reading.

But I kept going. I told myself out loud: "You can do this. You can do this. You can do this." When that didn't help, I just scolded myself, "You WILL do this. You WILL do this. You WILL do this."

And so, I did it.

I had a great soundtrack to root me along. All dance music. All great. A big thanks to Taio Cruz, Katy Perry, Janet Jackson, J Lo, Lady Gaga and Cascadia for making my running seem more like dancing in a club.

So far, a total of 7 pounds lost, trying my best to make good food choices on a budget to keep the number steadily falling.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment