Friday, March 23, 2012

Food Sponsor

I recently began "Day One" on my journey to pursue healing of my food issues with the Celebrate Recovery Team at my church.

It was a huge step for me.

God showed me a few things.

Such as, when I stopped drinking habitually, I replaced the alcohol with food. Wow. I didn't see that one at all.

Also, if I am going to get out of this rut, I need someone to walk me through it. Here enters my food sponsor.

She's hard core. Homework. Expectations. No B.S.

I've never had someone all up in my grill about emotional eating. I'm so used to hiding it, pretending it isn't there. But, this season in my life is about Radical Obedience to God. And one of the things He is putting His finger on is my food issues. He wants healing for me. And I want what He wants.

I've lost 7 pounds :)

P.S. I'm still poor, but God has not left me without. I have food to eat, an exercise partner, and my job allows me to get outside and move around. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment