Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Climb Every Mountain...

...ford every stream. Follow every rainbow 'til you find your dream...

Don't tell me you don't have this song from the Sound of Music stuck in your head. You do. And I'm not in the least bit sorry! ;)

So, today was Day One of my second vacation of the year. I have decided that this is my Spring Break. My bosses went out of town, so I have 10 days to ponder Jesus, catch up on my laundry, go on some adventures, and hopefully stay out of trouble.

Today, I celebrated SB2012 with a three-hour hike up to the top of Sharp Top in the Peaks of Otter with my friend. I admit, I was intimidated. I hiked once in Colorado, but that was years ago when I was younger and in a little bit better shape.

We started out confidently



... but that didn't last for long.



My friend had hiked Sharp Top before, so in her wisdom she told me that it would be worth it.


Huffs and puffs...


A few breaks sometimes in the form of "Hey! I'm gonna stop and take a picture of this..." here and there...


And then 2 hours...



953 calories...


and a mile and a half later...


We made it!





She was right.



It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment