Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh....io

This Place.

Homesick: (hom'sik') adj. Acutely longing for one's family or home.


I've been so busy the past few months diving into a few different Bible Studies and Celebrate Recovery that I haven't had much time to think about being homesick. I knew it would sink in and I would miss everyone and want to go back home.


I am going to be home in 10 days (squeal!), and I think that is making me more and more anxious to see people that I love and miss. 

Enter being homesick.


So, beyond seeing people I love, here is why I am stoked to be headed North in just a few days:


This couple.
My friends Allison and Sean are getting married!!! I knew Allison before she even met Sean, so it's really cool to have watched their relationship from the beginning, and to be able to go back home to be a part of their celebration :)


This Dress.
Allison and Sean were brave enough to give me the role of "emcee" at the reception. Basically, I'm going to have a microphone (which can be dangerous) telling people what is going on and trying to get them to dance (which no one seems to want to do at a wedding). I promised Allison that I wouldn't let any inappropriate jokes slip out. If you know me, you know that sometimes my filter is paper thin. Other times, it seems to not exist at all. So, this is going to be a challenge.


The goal is to have fun, and help other people have fun too. I think I can manage that!


So, the countdown begins. I leave the 2nd, right after work, and will arrive late that night, ready to party, decorate, and hugs lots and lots of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment