Saturday, April 7, 2012

I've got this...

... or maybe God does. Probably the second one.

You know how people say that you shouldn't go on a diet, that you should try to change your lifestyle?

Well, that is what I am trying to do with running.

I am listening to my body. If my body is restless, I go for a run (or a light jog if I did my training that AM). If I am in a bad mood and can't shake it, I put on some worship music and do running intervals until I don't feel so crappy anymore. I do the same thing if I am feeling depressed or down.

Instead of eating my emotions, I am going to be seeking Jesus while I.....wait for it.... run.

Don't tell anyone, but sometimes when I am upset about something, praying doesn't always fix it. Sometimes, after the "In Jesus name, amen," I still feel icky and selfish and sinful. It's up to me to do something about it in the meantime. Choosing joy. Choosing to get my eyes off myself. Changing things up. Taking time to listen to a friend in the middle of my complaints in order to try to get some perspective. Does it work? You bet.

Running allows me to work through the negative emotions while exercising while worshiping. It's a beautiful thing.

Running: the lifestyle I am choosing.

No comments:

Post a Comment