Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Veering to the Left and Dealing with Sciatica

Two things are going on right now:

1. I can feel my sciatica flaring up.

If you don't have this, or know nothing about, just know that the sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in your body, and when you have issues with it, your entire lower body can be affected. Last time it flared up, I couldn't walk without a severe limp and a lot of pain. Let's just say I'm trying to prevent it from progressing any further as I have TONS to do this week.

2. I have been obsessively weighing myself.


I have noticed that my curious fascination with how much my weight will go up and down in the AM versus the PM and the day after I run vs. a "resting day" has been veering to the left a little bit. I have found myself more and more discouraged if I weight myself the day after I run and it's the same. Or more. Then I beat myself up all day. I visualize myself getting heavier and looking ugly. It's sick. Solution: I am giving my scale to a friend to keep it safely away from my obsessive mind :)

That's where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment