Thursday, June 7, 2012

Because Giving Up Isn't an Option...

I am officially 2 pounds away from a milestone goal.

In two pounds, I will be 20 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of this journey. I'd like to say that every day I wake up and feel different. But, I don't.

But, every other day, when I weigh myself, and I see the ounces dropping, I consider them small victories. Before you say, "You should only weigh yourself once a week," understand that I used to weigh myself everyday, multiple times a day. This is a big step to not let a scale and the numbers it shows rule my life.

Instead, I have been shifting my focus. I realized that for years, I have been committing idolatry. I made my world revolve around a relationship that I was in. Then, my life was all about alcohol. Then, it was food.

God has been showing me that I don't need to be cured of some illness or addiction. I need to put him back on the pedestal that He rightly deserves to be on. I need to make Him my everything.

So, that's what I've been doing.

And since I've been shifting my focus, I feel healthier in one day than every day of my calorie-counting combined. The pounds are getting fewer and fewer. And although this part of it is not as comfortable, God is bringing things to the surface. Things That need to be addressed in my walk with Him. Things that will make me look more and more like Him everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment