Saturday, June 16, 2012

Combine or Compartmentalize....?

I have had this blog for a while now.... like since December of 2009. Math will tell you that it's about 3 1/2 years.

I started this blog to document my journey with God: what He's teaching me, my struggles and hurts, lows and highs, everything in my spiritual life. It has helped me process through a lot, and as I've been able to read about things that I am dealing with or have overcome, I have been encouraged by work God has done, knowing that He's not done with me yet. It encourages me to keep pushing through and pressing in.

When I followed God's leading back to VA 7 months ago, I decided that I wanted a separate blog. One to document where God was taking me, and all of the good, the bad, the amazing, the exciting, the scary moments that come with chasing after His will. It's kind of a way to have a timeline and document everything. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Then, when I started my journey towards weight-loss, conquering my food issues and training for the VA Ten Miler, I started another blog. That too seemed like a good thing at the time.

Where I'm getting at, besides the fact that I write a lot, is that I'm confusing myself. If I'm sensing God telling me something about my food issues, but it also affects my spiritual life... does that go on this blog or this blog? If more clarity is obtained as to which direction God is going to be taking me in the future, would that go on this blog or this blog?

I'm complicated I make things complicated.

Solution?

Well, I've realized that I can try to compartmentalize areas of my life all I want, but whether I like it or not, God and His love bleeds into every area of my life. So, there really is no point in me keeping one blog separate from the others. So, for the next few weeks, I am going to be working on pulling the posts from my other blogs, shutting them down and keeping it real on here.

Because, keeping it real is what I'm about.

No comments:

Post a Comment