Friday, June 1, 2012

Just When I Thought I Had Things Figured Out

Isn't it funny how we can ask God for direction, sense Him telling us something, we say "yes!" and within weeks, we feel that our plans may be changing again?

I'm not sure how many of you have ever been in a situation like that. But, I can assuredly tell you that I have been feeling this lately. Unfortunately, I am not able to share the extent of everything on the oh-so-public blog. But, I guess if you are really curious, you can email me and I can share more.

The basics are that I am noticing a pattern since I have moved back to Virginia. Here it is:

1. I hear God saying something
2. I respond and step forward in a direction
3. I assume I will always be headed in that direction
4. God quickly reveals a "but this could also happen" thing
5. I press in and pray more
6. I release plans I have mentally made based on #1
7. I listen
8. I hear God saying something
9. I respond and step forward in a direction
10. I assume that is the direction I will always be going in

etc, etc, etc, etc....

Right now, I'm around #5. #4 happened a few weeks ago. I freaked out at first, because it was not something that I had planned. Then I resigned with a "I can be okay with this" attitude. Then I realized that this new information could completely alter how I thought my near future would look. It could change my timeline. It could change the length of time I am here in Virginia. It could change a lot.

And that's okay.

But, I guess right now, what I'm curious to see is God's plan itself. I probably won't see the big picture of it all until much, much later. What I am curious to see is how this whole Korea thing will pan out. I'm curious to see where He'll take me and when. I'm curious to meet people along the way and to see, even if nothing works out how I think it will, what God is going to teach me in all this.

1 comment:

  1. Soooooo there right now!!! Thanks LMY for the reminder that God has multiple plans going on and that in the end it will make sense even if it's frustrating in the process

    ReplyDelete