Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner

What does that phrase even mean? I know I’ve heard that is what people say when they win money while gambling. I just think is sounds funny.

This past weekend, I drove down to Lynchburg to job and apartment hunt. Something that I prayed about on my way down was confirmation. I know what God has been telling me to do all along, but I just needed a little more peace. I didn’t need a burning bush… maybe just a lit match? Just something that told me, “Yes, you are going where I told you. I will provide for you the entire way.”

I spoke with my best friend on the way down for a little bit. I was having some anxiety about making such a big step, and needed some help processing through some of my thoughts. I knew that I needed to be looking for a job and apartment, but I wasn’t sure which was a bigger priority. I mean, I could focus on finding an apartment and have a safe place to live and just be feverishly looking for a job and feel okay about it. Or, I could focus on finding a job and trust that God will give me a place to live in His time. I just didn’t know what to do.

My best friend moved from Texas up to Ohio with her (now) husband. They didn’t know what they were going to do, or where they were going to live. They only knew that God was calling them to Ohio. The wisdom that she shared with me was that her husband found an apartment before he found a job, and she found a job before she found an apartment. God worked everything out in his time. How this spoke to me was that there is no manual. God is going to provide for me how He chooses, and when He chooses. There is no manual. So, if I find a place to live before I have a job lined up, that is okay. God will take care of me.

Three things I have been praying for in a place to live are:

1. To not have to pay a deposit. I cannot afford to pay double rent right now (especially without a job lined up), so I am looking for a place that does not require a deposit.

2. That I am able to bring my cat, as is. He is not declawed- but I try to keep these little plastic covers on his claws (which are hard to keep up with).

3. For someone that is like-minded. I don’t want to live with an exact replica of myself. But, I want to live with someone that has a similar heart, and can relate to me spiritually. I want to live with someone that chases after God’s heart like I do, and pursues radical living for Him as well.

Not too much to ask, right? :)

I was able to check out a few places to live and a few jobs, so now it is the waiting/praying game.

No comments:

Post a Comment