Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Place to Call Home

A few weeks ago, I drove down to the beautiful Lynchburg, VA. My goal was to find a place to live and to get a job lined up for the move.

One of those was accomplished. This post in my main blog highlights a few things that I was specifically praying for. But, I was open to wherever God would take me.

A college friend gave me his coworker’s information- who happened to be looking for a roommate. As soon as I met her, I felt at ease. We sat and chatted for a little over an hour, and I found that even though I had just met her, I would have been perfectly fine moving in the next day!

A few funny (not comical, but neat) things:

1. She has been going to BRCC for a few years, and is a leader in a small group. That is the same church that I was heavily involved in when I lived in VA.
2. She knows a lot of the same people that I knew when I went to that church.
3. She has a similar heart for people, and digging deep in life.
4. She has a style that is somewhat similar to mine.
5. She too is from a different state- just pursuing what God has for her.

I knew when I left her apt (especially based on the three specific things I prayed for) that this was the apt for me. But I used discernment and decided to continue to pray about it. I wanted to check back in a week. I figured if the room was still available, then I would let her know that I wanted to move in.

I contacted her a few days ago, and the room is still available! I now have a place to live!!

Now, to just find a job…

No comments:

Post a Comment