Friday, November 23, 2012

Waves of Grace

Since I fully surrendered my life just a few months ago, my life has been a little crazy. Not bad-crazy, just crazy.

It's just been thing after thing. God showing me this, a person confronting me (in love) about that. Over and over and over. And just when I feel like I'm able to stand up, just when I feel like I'm able to get upright and a deep breath, another wave hits me. No rest.

Every direction I turn, there is something else I need to do or deal with or another conversation that I have to have that will help me take steps towards mending a relationship. Everytime I brush the dust off my pants, there is some other thing that's about to get my hands dirty.

Here's the thing, though: everything going into it seems like it would be so scary. Confrontation. Trusting Him with my finances. Being corrected. Vulnerability. And they would be, if it weren't for Him.

Something I realized is that these waves are God. They're His incomparable grace. And while His grace pulls me under and leaves me twisting and turning and not quite sure of which way is up, it also sustains me.

I wish that God would just pull me out of the water and let me walk on the beach. But, what He has been showing me is part of being known as His child is being in the waves. But, He promised that He will teach me to swim along the way.
----- ----- ----- -----

I have been back in Ohio for six days. I have been able to spend lots of time with family and friends. My best friends here are musicians, like myself. I requested that Sara and I work on a song idea that I was having just to fully express all that has been going on with me lately.

The exciting thing is that this took less than an hour! We got the chords and the words just flowed! We decided to go with the story of being pulled under by waves, with the waves ending up being God's grace.

Here's a little sneak peak at the lyrics:

Waves of Grace (Music and Lyrics by Lindsay Marie Yates and Sara Castro)

You move the ocean around me
You know the stars by name
These waves keep pulling me under
and I can't breathe... I can't breathe.

But You, it's You, to You I surrender.
To Your grace
To Your grace
It's Your grace
Your grace

You knew me before I was formed
My name is written on your heart
You know how much I can handle
Your hand is on me.... hand is on me.

But You, it's You, to You I surrender.
To Your grace
To Your grace
It's Your grace
Your grace

The waves still crash around me
But You taught me to swim.
----- ----- ----- -----

I'm open to thoughts, ideas, feedback.

I'm excited about this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment