Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Savings

Couponing.

It sounds easy. You get a little piece of paper that you can take in a store to get a discount.

But, I found out a few years ago that just because you are using a coupon, that doesn't mean you are saving money.


There is a method. And I am determined to learn it.

Today, I bought the paper. You know the one I mean. It's the Sunday paper. The one that has a lot of comics, more advertisements and..... manufacturers' coupons.

Stores have their own coupons, but you generally can't use more than one per same item per transaction.
----- ----- ----- -----

Before today, I thought that if I got the manufacturers' coupons, I'd check the store specials like they do on Extreme Couponing on TLC, march right into the store and get my discount.

But, I realized quickly that it's not that easy.

My insert had brand-specific coupons, such as Colgate toothpaste. Easy enough, right? Wrong. The specials that I checked had a special on toothpaste, but not Colgate. So, while I will save that coupon, I won't be using it this week.

From what I've read and seen, you save the coupons, especially since they don't expire until the end of next month.

Stay tuned for next week's savings.
----- ----- ----- -----

Current investment: $1.75 (Sunday paper)
YTD Savings: $0.00 (so far)

No comments:

Post a Comment