Monday, November 26, 2012

Get Fit: Week Two

Update from last week:

I started off strong the beginning of the week (as I expected). But, I was out of town and staying in several different "host" homes. By the time the third day came around, I had severe allergy issues and had lost any shred of motivation to work out. 

Bummer.
----- ----- ----- -----


Let's just say that I underestimated how challenging it would be to exercise while on vacation and attending Thanksgiving dinner. I don't necessarily feel discouraged, but I do feel like I need to reevaluate things. Maybe I started with the bar set too high? I need to realize that I am going from very little physical activity and trying to develop a program that works for me.


If I'm being honest, I'd really love to lose weight and get in shape without really doing any work. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that, but I also know that I have confessed far more intimate things than simple laziness on here. :)


So, here's this week's plan. I basically took last week's plan and modified it to fit into my schedule this week (which is going to be a crazy one!)


Monday
Cardio: 1 mile jog/walk interval
Strength training and stretching: 30-minute yoga

Tuesday
Cardio: 2 mile brisk walk
Stretching: 20 minutes

Wednesday
Rest day or take a 20-minute walk at a 20-minute/mile pace

Thursday
Cardio: 1 mile brisk walk
Stretching: 20 minutes
Strength training: focus on arms and abs 20 minutes

Friday
Cardio: 1 mile jog/walk interval
Strength training and stretching: 30-minute yoga

Saturday
Cardio: 70-minute hike
Strength training: focus on arms and abs 20 minutes
Stretching: 10 minutes

Sunday
Rest day or take a 20-minute walk at a 20-minute/mile pace

1 comment: