Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holy Crap!

I still haven't decided if I want to post numbers on here... But it is a blog, and to me, a blog is a way to document specific things.

Okay, here it goes.

57.9: That is how many pounds I have gained since I started working at a job where I literally sat all day.

115: That is how many pounds I need to lose in order to be at a healthy weight.

1: That is how many times I have intentionally exercised since August. (And it was today)

1,345,283: That is how many different emotions I feel.

Okay, so enough with the numbers.

I have noticed clothes getting tighter. I even had to go up a pants size (and I still can't dry them in the dryer, or they won't fit!) I also feel shame when I see recent pictures of me.

So, now that I am here in Lynchburg without a job, surrounded by mountains, I am setting some basic doable goals.

1. Hike as much as possible- why not?!? It's free entertainment, fun, and a great way to burn calories.
2. Take a cup of water with me to bed- I am terrible at remembering to drink water throughout the day. So much so that I get headaches from dehydration. If I make it a rule to drink at least on big one before bed, I'm doing better than usual.
3. Participate in Spark People- This is a great community of people that have the same goals as me: get healthier. I used to be so involved. Now? Not so much.

I'm going to go ahead and put up the dreaded "Before" picture too, with my actual weight. It won't stay that way for long. And besides, seeing it will motivate me to make changes!!!


Two "Before" Pics. Not happy about how I'm looking right now. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment