Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Million Goodbyes



If it was your last time spending time with your group of friends for a while and you had to choose what you were going to do, what would you pick?

Me? A chill night of music and hanging out, of course!

Last night was my going-away party at my friend JD's house. I have been packing, stressing, praying, and trying to get in time with people here and there before "The Big Move." So, my goal was just to have a no-stress time to relax and enjoy each other's company. With live music too, obviously :)

JD had his Christmas tree up, and we had a little stage set up for music. People came and left as they could and said their goodbyes to me.


This is my friend, Luke from work. He's in a band called Drawing Airplanes. Love Luke's humor and ability to entertain. Highlight of his performance was him singing Kris Kross' "Jump." Loved it!




Mike Wojniak: always a fan of his music. I always listen to his Memento Vivere at least twice on road trips. He has such a kind spirit and music that speaks to the heart! Highlight of his performance: listening to "Coastal Vespers." First time I've heard the song. In. Love.

Tons of hugs were given and received. I even got a kiss on the cheek sent from a friend who couldn't be there. <3

Love, love, love my Ohio peeps. I've been so blessed to have such a group of friends walk alongside me the past few years as I heal and ask God, "What's next?" I will miss each and every one- all for different reasons.

Leaving in two days seems surreal. I mean, I'm not even all of the way packed yet. I have tons to do. I wish this part of moving had a fast-forward button...

No comments:

Post a Comment